Thursday, February 25, 2010

For one of my school projects, I had a chance to include some illustration work. I decided to use the stories on "missed connections" and picked out funny stories to illustrate. I wanted to exaggerate the scenes to make them funnier -- but most of the stories are hilarious as the way they are. I'll be able to post all of them up once I'm done. I had to share these with you because the second story, especially, is so hilarious that I had to bite my lips to stop myself from bursting out laughing in class today.

For now here are two stories I hope you enjoy:


Agh
Date: 2009-01-14, 11:46AM EST
Snail mail man, I love you to death.



You Were Puking All Over The Subway
Date: 2010-02-10, 12:57 PM EST

Last week I was taking the D train to Rockefeller Center to wait all night for SNL tickets. I was prepared with a blanket, gloves, hand warmers and all the other necessities to keep myself warm while I waited on the sidewalk for 6 hours. I was alone on the train until you and your shitfaced friends came on. You had to lay down on the raunchy seats, otherwise you’d feel like you were in a tilt-a-whirl. Time passed and you all were still drunk and being stupid, then the rocking of the train intensified... and the pukefest began. All of you started one by one, puking on different areas of the floor of the train. I had to tuck my feet in the chair with me because your colorful vomit was sliding and spreading across the floor like hot butter. I took my things out of my large bag and handed it to you so could finish in it. You amazed me with your ability to keep going. The bottom of the bag ended up falling through and my effort was pointless. I ended up leaving a glove in that bag, but it was already wasted. You finally stopped and I had to breathe through my mouth the rest of the time on the train so I wouldn’t puke. Once my stop came, I had to make an olympian jump off the train to avoid your vomit. I just wanted to say YOU’RE WELCOME for lending you the bag and giving you listerine breath strips since you never managed to say THANK YOU. And don’t worry about replacing my glove, my hand is still thawing out from freezing all night.

3 comments:

RNS said...

I love this concept for a series! I think the second story illustration is really well done, especially with the little knees at the bottom. The old lady one is great, too. I think your goal of making these stories more exciting through illustration is working.

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless about the second one!!! I feel so bad for the guy... great illustrations :)

S Y L V I A P A R K said...

Thank you, Rachel.
I just need to keep making more, because I need to have 21 total -- and right now I have around 10. They're all due pretty soon, so I need to work faster. :-)


Wendy, I think the second one is my fav of all. I love the story especially the pukefest part. hehe